The Website www.medmar-services.com (hereafter Website) is operated by the Company MEDMAR MARINE SERVICES LLC (VAT number 998910599), located in G. Skouze 10 & Filonos, P.C. 18536, Piraeus, Greece (hereafter Company), tel. contact +30 2105617612, e-mail: email@example.com.
The Company has taken the appropriate measures which ensure that processing of your personal data complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679. The Company as Data Controller adopts internal policies and implement measures which meet the principles of data protection by design and data protection by default.
We may ask you to give your consent to the processing of personal data relating to you. This could include ticking a box when visiting the Website. Ticking that box, is a clear affirmative action, which is considered as a freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of your agreement to the processing of your personal data.
(1) ‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person;
(2) ‘processing’ means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction;
(3) ‘controller’ means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data; where the purposes and means of such processing are determined by Union or Member State law, the controller or the specific criteria for its nomination may be provided for by Union or Member State law;
(4) ‘processor’ means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller;
(5) ‘consent’ of the data subject means any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subject’s wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her;
(6) ‘supervisory authority’ means an independent public authority which is established by a Member State pursuant to Article 51;.
THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND PROCESS – PURPOSES
When you contact us, via the available form of the Website (CONTACT), you provide personal information such as your first and last name, your phone number, your e-mail, your Company, your Country and your comments. We process your personal data collected this way, for contacting you and answering to your enquiries. We will store your personal data for one year from the time you contact us.
When you use the «Career» option, we collect and process your full name, your e-mail address, the information you enter in “Covering Note” box and the CV file, which you upload. We process your Personal Data collected this way, with your consent, which you give when submitting your information. We will contact you within 3 weeks, in order to arrange for a personal interview, if your qualifications match our position requirements. We will treat/process your CV with the strictest confidentiality. We will retain your Personal Data for future use. You have the right to erasure of your personal data at any time, upon request.
We also, collect your Personal Data (profile name, comments, reviews, contact details) you share with us when visiting our Company’s pages/profiles on social media platforms (facebook/linkedin etc.). This information is processed when you contact us or make a request etc., so as to respond or communicate with you in any way. We will store your personal data for one year from the time you contact us.
We collect and process your personal data only for legal purposes, as the above mentioned. We may process your personal data for purposes other than those for which your personal data were initially collected, only where the processing is compatible with the purposes for which your personal data were initially collected.
We will provide you all the information you need to express your prior agreement (consent) to the processing of personal data relating to you.
If you refuse to provide the requested information, we will not be able to fulfil the above-mentioned data processing purposes.
Cookies are text files installed automatically, with short content that are stored on your computer. Cookies are sent by the Website to your terminal equipment during your first visit to the Website and follow a reverse rout during your next visits to it. The «Cookies» from the Website are used for improving Website’s function (optimization) and services or providing more customized services. The user may delete these «Cookies», from his terminal equipment.
We may transfer your data to our associates to a third country outside the EU, under the strict requirements of the law (adequacy decision / appropriate safeguards / binding corporate rules etc.).
As Data Subject you have the right to be informed on the processing of your personal data, the right of access to your personal data and to information relevant to processing, the right of rectification of your personal data, the right to erasure of your personal data, the right to restriction of processing, the right to data portability, the right to object to the processing of your personal data, the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling and the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before your withdrawal. To exercise the above rights, you need to apply by phone or by writing to our Company (Tel.: +30 2105617612, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org). In addition, you could lodge a complaint to a supervisory authority, if the Company does not take action on your request.
We will respond to requests from the data subject without undue delay and at the latest within one month or give reasons if we do not intend to comply with any such requests. That period may be extended by two further months where necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of the requests. We will inform the data subject of any such extension within one month of receipt of the request, together with the reasons for the delay.
We will communicate any rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing to each recipient to whom the personal data have been disclosed, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort.